“Education is the only path for a better Lebanon”
‘’بالعلم وحده يبنى لبنان”
Minhati Program was launched in 2013, being one of the main projects of the organization. Loubnaniyoun believes in the necessity and importance of education to develop our country and to give a chance to its people, and to the future generations to have a better life and promising opportunities.
Minhati is a yearly, ongoing funded student scholarship program targeting Youth all over Lebanon. This program provides educational scholarships to students in Semi-Private schools and Private schools which tuition fees are affordable. In addition, Loubnaniyoun provides orientation activities to students, along with Awareness activities and Sports activities.
Since 2013 till year 2021, through private donors funding for “Minhati” Program, Loubnaniyoun succeeded in helping 1701 students partially with their scholarship fees, and due to the acute economic crisis nowadays, approximately 500 Families are counting on our support on a yearly basis.
The educational sector in Lebanon is collapsing, and with the absence of a governmental strategy, we need to unify our efforts to save it otherwise we will lose the survival of our country.
Loubnaniyoun’s achievements through “Minhati Porgram”:
· Providing Scholarships students to in need, whose families are affected by the economic crisis that hit Lebanon since 2013, followed by the latest acute economic and political instability, uprising in 2017, Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, Beirut Blast on August 4th, 2020, sinking the country in an unprecedented situation, of high unemployment rate reaching 6.7% according to Trading Economics, very low income or no income at all and poverty rate reaching 82% according to ESCWA.
· Saving the educational sector from collapsing by supporting the students.
· Saving the educational sector by supporting the semi-private schools that are supposed to receive governmental subsidies but didn’t get any help since 2015, due to the bankruptcy of the Lebanese Government.
· Promoting social development through education as well as the development of the whole country through education.
· Contributing in maintaining a good educational level by helping students to continue their studies in the semi-private schools and not being forced to join the public schools where the educational level and infrastructure are very poor or to dropout.